Safety Rules & Procedures
- Maintain muzzle control at ALL times.
- Any uncased shotgun must be carried broken open or with the action open in the case of semi-autos.
- Always place shotguns in the provided gun racks when not shooting. Never lay a shotgun on the ground, against a tree or put the muzzle in the grass or dirt. When moving with any semi-auto shotgun, the action must be open and the muzzle pointed straight up.
- Load shotguns only when standing in a shooting house.
- Small shot only (#7 ½ or smaller).
- Maximum of two (2) shells in the shotgun at one time.
- Only clay birds thrown by machines may be shot.
- All missfires or duds must be removed from the Blackjack premises by the owner. Do not leave them on the ground or in the trash.
- Eye and ear protection to be worn at all times on the range.
- Contact the Range Master immediately if a trap is broken or throwing un-shootable targets. NEVER attempt to clear a trap machine yourself.
- Shotguns must be of a sporting type. No home defense, tactical or pistol grips.
- Help keep the area clean at all times. Pick up hulls after shooting at each station.
- Follow instructions of the Range Master, Shoot Management and/or Club Management. The Range Master is authorized to remove any shooter whose behavior is detrimental to the safe operations of the facility.
- All shooters must be legally able to own and operate a shotgun and not be a “Prohibited Person” defined by federal and state laws.
- Consumption of alcohol or other intoxicants immediately before or during range use is strictly forbidden.